"Create peace and tranquility so that related Provincial departments and agencies can achieve the pre- determined objectives efficiently and effectively and thus move towards a civilized and welfare society where in the citizens enjoy their fundamental rights"
PEACE AND TRANQUILLITY
• In the wake of carnage of the Army Public School (December 2014), the educational institutions were closed due to impending danger of attack and sense of insecurity. In order to enhance the security of the educational institutions and buildup the confidence of the parents, a comprehensive security plan for all educational institutions in the province was devised through a series of meetings with Provincial Police Officer, Secretaries of HE&SE, Vice Chancellors of the universities and other stake holders. All the instructions and guidelines were disseminated to Commissioners, DIGs. DCs, DPOs, EDOs in this regard. All the educational institutions re-opened on 12/01/2015.
• In the aftermath of the unfortunate blast in Kohati church (September 2013), there was an imminent and potent threat to the peace and tranquillity of the Province, particularly in Peshawar. This tense situation was successfully defused through engagement and dialogue with the Bishop of the church. The Bishop acknowledged the positive role of the Home Department during the visit of the Honourable Chief Minister and the Federal Minister to the Lady Reading Hospital. • Muharram 2013 & 2014 were observed peacefully through a range of holistic consultations, dedicated one to one meetings and broad based focussed meetings with the elders of all sects and activation of peace committees.
• In the aftermath of disastrous incident of Rawalpindi on 10th Moharram 2013, there again emerged a highly volatile and precarious situation, which was successfully managed and controlled in coordination with Ulema and public opinion makers.
• Despite threats and intelligence alerts, Chehlum of Imam Hussain in 2013 & 2014 were observed peacefully all over the province without any untoward incident.
• Eid-e-Milad-ul-Nabi processions and Nouroze celebrations in 2013 were peacefully held.
• Resolution of the boundary dispute between KP and Gilgit Baltistan was achieved by tactful handling.
• Polio campaign “Sehat Ka Insaf” was successfully conducted with the help of police deployment.
• Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) management plan has been prepared and implemented.
• Divisional Task Force for each division has been created and intelligence led operations are being conducted throughout the most sensitive areas of the Province.
• Private security companies’ record has been computerized/maintained at the Home Department and NOCs/licences are being better regulated.
• Smuggling from and to Afghanistan checked by Home Department through policy guidance to Political Agents, Deputy Commissioners and DPOs.
• Provision of security to IDPs ensured and resultantly the issues of IDPs are being managed smoothly.
• Data of Exit Control List (ECL) being maintained and updated regularly.
• Visits of foreigners, international non-governmental organization being regulated and an enabling environment being provided to them to work for the betterment of the people of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.