"Create peace and tranquility so that related Provincial departments and agencies can achieve the pre- determined objectives efficiently and effectively and thus move towards a civilized and welfare society where in the citizens enjoy their fundamental rights"
The Home and Tribal Affairs Department occupies a central position regarding law and order issues of the Province. It is the supreme policy making body for peace building and rule of law. It is the parent body for Police, Prisons, Prosecution, Probation and Reclamation and Civil Administration at divisional and district level. Historically, Home and Tribal Affairs Department has played a strategically important role in maintaining law and order and giving policy directions to its implementing arms.
In the changed security paradigm, the Home Department has responded with unflinching commitment and has taken a strategic approach. In order to cope with these challenges, the Police Department has been transformed into a modern fighting force having its own specialized combat, intelligence and investigation departments in the shape of Counter Terrorism Department (CTD), Elite Force and Rapid Response Force. Similarly, new Prison Security Force introduced to deal with the heightened scale of threats. The Prosecution Department is also being remodeled and strengthened to effectively meet the challenges of the day. The Home Department maintains a close liaison with the Armed Forcesand other paramilitary forces to combat the menace of terrorism, kidnapping for ransom, extortion and suicide attacks. The coordination between the institutions of police, prosecution, judiciary and correctional services has been functionalized.
POLICY OF HOME AND TRIBAL AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT
- To ensure every citizen is equal before law and every citizen is under equal protection of law
- To ensure access to justice and fair trial .
- Implementation of KP Police Act 2017 with a focus on civilian oversight and external accountability .
- Transform the police into an effective and efficient force by equipping it with state-of-the-art weapons and technology .
- Establish model police units with sophisticated investigations, forensic and community policing skills with greater gender sensitivity
- Strengthen the prosecution service to the international standards.
- Foster greater liaison through Citizen Police Liaison Committees (CPLCs) in all major cities of the Province to increase interaction of police and citizens and thus promote the concept of community policing .
- Ensure functional specialization in the police
- Restructuring and capacity building of District Judiciary for prompt justice.
- Introduce new prisons management and correctional services .
- Introduce efficient complaints management information regime .
- Strengthen and integrate Public Safety and Police Complaints Commissions at provincial, regional and district levels.
NEWS AND UPDATES
April 21, 2023