"Create peace and tranquility so that related Provincial departments and agencies can achieve the pre- determined objectives efficiently and effectively and thus move towards a civilized and welfare society where in the citizens enjoy their fundamental rights"
Vision & Objective
VISION OF HOME DEPARTMENT
“Create peace and tranquillity so that related departments and agencies can achieve the predetermined objectives efficiently and effectively and thus move towards a civilized and welfare society wherein the citizens enjoy their fundamental rights"
- Transform the KP police into an effective and efficient force by equipping it with state of the art weapons and technology.
- Establish Model Police Units (MPUs) with sophisticated investigations, forensic and community policing functions.
- Strengthen and improve the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Prosecution Service (KPPS) and bring it in line with international standards.
- Foster greater liaison and trust between police and the citizens and promote the concept of community policing through Citizen Police Liaison Committees (CPLCs) in all major cities of the province.
- Introduce new prisons management and correctional services.
- Introduce an efficient complaints management information regime.
- Improve gender sensitivity by making police processes more women-friendly and understanding of the needs of women.
- Strengthen and integrate the Public Safety and Police Complaints Commissions at provincial, regional and district levels.
Ensure functional specialization in the police.